nursery@aspire 's curriculum is planned by observing your child in the various activities they engage in and planned around their individual interests and developmental milestones.
We arrange our learning activities according to the Early Years Foundation Stage which you can download from the DfE.
The nursery consists of three rooms for the three main age groups.
Our extra-curricular activities.
nursery@aspire uses the amazing facilities of Southfields Academy and aspire@southfields, at no extra cost, to offer the children some wonderful extra-curricular opportunities. Examples of activities are listed below but this list is always being added to:
- Swimming lessons - with qualified swimming teachers and qualified lifeguards in a newly refurbished swimming pool.
- Dancing lessons - with qualified dance teachers in a recently built state of the art dance studio.
- Language lessons - with qualified first language speakers (these can include French, Greek and Spanish).
- I.T. lessons - utilising the nursery's secure and monitored computer network installed with appropriate software.
- Musical Express - dance and musical expression with Ali.
- Dingdangdoo class - arts & crafts.
- P.E. - on a 3G astroturf pitch with qualified P.E. & Sport teachers who specialise in the teaching of sport to primary and early years students.
- Library - visits to the Academy library which is staffed by a qualified librarian and equipped with appropriate books and resources..
- Cooking activities - when the nursery's chef is not too busy he leads special cooking classes appropriate for young children.